Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the old (4 module) 642-XXX CCNP Books for the New (3 module) CCNP Exam?

Hi there!

Can I use my older Cisco Press CCNP books: (BCMSN, BSCI, ISCW and ONT) in combination with excessive CCNP training on H2P, if I want to study for and pass the complete CCNP Certification exams (Switch, Route and Troubleshoot) - I never reached to use my obsolete CCNP books when I bought them around 2 years ago (2009).

However, it could be nice if it's possible to use the mentioned books (evt. in combination with each other?) when studying for the new/revised CCNP exams (Switch, Route and Troubleshoot) - If possible!?

I'm not aware if the CCNP exam topics - all in all - will be almost the same in the old and new CCNP exam types, or if a LOT a topics perhaps has changed completely in the new (3 module) CCNP education/exam compared to the old/expired (4 module) CCNP education/exam, forcing me to buy the (3) new CCNP Books from Cisco Press ???

So, for example - If I would like to study and exercise for the new CCNP Switch exam - Which of my old CCNP books should I use (besides the BCMSN book), to accomplish this!?

Can somebody help me on this ???

/Nick K