Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone taken ENARSI recently
Good day,
I wanted to check to see if anyone has recently taken the ENARSI test. I am planning on taking it in 1st week of August.

Thanks,
I took the exam today and I passed. :-)
The questions were very similar to the current H2P list, within exception of couple of new questions that I had not seen. They were not difficult, but my lab time helped me get through them. Not sure If I got the answer.
Here's what kicked my rear.
I took ENARSI couple of years ago and I did not pass the exam. On that test, There were at least 15 new questions that I had not seen before and no simulations at all. They had the basic match (drag and drop) questions. You can check my input from back then in my previous posting.
I decided I wanted to get back into studying and get my Enterprise CERT. The world of IT is constantly changing and I want to keep my skillsets up to par. I'm a nerd and enjoy this crap. (Yeah I know, get a life right.. )
Now for the simulation questions. About a couple of days ago as I was reading through the forum someone had mentioned there are live gears you have to configure. I was able to find the 4 that are currently on H2P.
I started to study the questions and I built them best I could in GNS3 (Highly recommend you get keyboard experience) for this test.
There were 58 questions for 110 minutes (basically 2-3 minutes per question). H2P has the 4 scenarios on the web site. First of all I could not physically type fast enough. On the first question it was the DMVPN. You get the topology, basic instructions, and the tasks you have to complete. Basically you were setting up Phase 2 DMVPN. There are 4 tabs in the terminal section that you will access. However (may be I didn't see it in the task), when I would hit enter on the equipment, I was prompted to enter my password. Well I didn't see anywhere in the tasks that said, only certain equipment have to be configure. Basically the branch office (spoke to spoke connectivity) the Hub site is not to be configured, but only the Spoke sites. I spent probably 2-3 minutes on the password part, until I click on the spoke tab and I was in the priv mode. I realize then well maybe I am not supposed to configure the Hub router (that is the case). By this time, I had answered may be 4 questions multiple choice questions, before this one comes along. I typed everything, and I was not able to bring up the sessions. The Tunnels were up but could not ping between the spokes. When I got home, I looked up and realized I missed one command (NHRP network-id). I decided I couldn't spent any more time when I looked and I had 50 minutes left and I still had 40+ questions to go through. So I go through maybe 5 MC questions, and another simulator pops up. This one is on the website and it was the CoPP lab. Again, I had to go through the configs and correct the issues and again I was not able to complete the lab. Basically I had set this up in GNS and the issue was the routing protocol. CoPP policy was policing the traffic so EIGRP was losing neighborship. The policing was causing packets to drop, therefore neighborship was dropping. I corrected the copp policy and sure enough all three sites form neighborship. I was not able to finsh up the lab, so I went on to the next question. Once again after my 10-15 questions, another simiulator question shows up. Well guess what, this one is brand new and I didn't even fully understand the tasks. I was real flustered by now. This is a BGP lab, with couple of AS's. There were 5 routers, but needed to configure two routers. I wish I could remember the question, but it has alot to do with summarization via BGP and influencing the path, and few other things. By now I was looking at 25 minutes left on the test, and at least another 25 questions, so I decided to skip this question. The rest of the questions, thank goodness, were spot on like the ones from H2P. To be honest, by then I knew there was no way I would pass this test, therefore I was going to count this as my reconnaissance mission. But fortunately I passed.
Here's my study prep work:
I have been studying for this test for over three months around 2-3 hours a day, EVERY DAY.
1) I highly recommend you purchase the cisco course from the learning network for ENARSI. It cost $150 for couple of months of live gears, with specific labs for each blueprint topics. There are 29 labs. Each lab is around an hour or more. I studied and did the labs. They helped out tremendously. I just wish I has purchased that couple of months ago. The author did a great job of explaining the topics. It really takes couple of runs through the lab to understand the topics well.
https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/c...24886.html
2) You have to know every questions on H2P, 100%. What I did was, I would only take 5 questions at a time, and try to master them. You can use the filter to set it up for the "Unseen Questions".
3) Get a hold of GNS3. I can't emphasis enough how much more info you will retain when you work on live gears.
4) I purchased the UDEMY course for ENARSI when they are on sale. Those videos gave me great insights into each technology. I purchase mine for $20. Normally they are about $80 or more. UDEMY has sales all the time, so keep an eye out for that. Very valuable.
5) I studies and focused to strengthening my area of weakness.. I just don't like IPV6. I don't work with it daily so it's hard to remember all the stuff behind the scene.
Overall, I don't personally think it is a fair test, based on the duration they give you. I can tell you, there is no way I would have passed the exam if I hadn't mastered the questions from H2P. So many detail questions about the technology (mpls, vrf, ipv6, route distro, route filtering, PBR, route filtering, routing protocols. etc.)

I hope my long post has helped. I'm excited that I passed this test, and planning on celebrating this evening... Great feeling not to study tonight..
Cheers mates, and best of luck for those who are planning to take the test.
(08-11-2023, 01:52 AM)dixie76 Wrote: I took the exam today and I passed. :-)
The questions were very similar to the current H2P list, within exception of couple of new questions that I had not seen. They were not difficult, but my lab time helped me get through them. Not sure If I got the answer.
Here's what kicked my rear.
I took ENARSI couple of years ago and I did not pass the exam. On that test, There were at least 15 new questions that I had not seen before and no simulations at all. They had the basic match (drag and drop) questions. You can check my input from back then in my previous posting.
I decided I wanted to get back into studying and get my Enterprise CERT. The world of IT is constantly changing and I want to keep my skillsets up to par. I'm  a nerd and enjoy this crap. (Yeah I know, get a life right.. )
Now for the simulation questions. About a couple of days ago as I was reading through the forum someone had mentioned there are live gears you have to configure. I was able to find the 4 that are currently on H2P.
I started to study the questions and I built them best I could in GNS3 (Highly recommend you get keyboard experience) for this test.
There were 58 questions for 110 minutes (basically 2-3 minutes per question). H2P has the 4 scenarios on the web site. First of all I could not physically type fast enough. On the first question it was the DMVPN. You get the topology, basic instructions, and the tasks you have to complete. Basically you were setting up Phase 2 DMVPN. There are 4 tabs in the terminal section that you will access. However (may be I didn't see it in the task), when I would hit enter on the equipment, I was prompted to enter my password. Well I didn't see anywhere in the tasks that said, only certain equipment have to be configure. Basically the branch office (spoke to spoke connectivity) the Hub site is not to be configured, but only the Spoke sites. I spent probably 2-3 minutes on the password part, until I click on the spoke tab and I was in the priv mode. I realize then well maybe I am not supposed to configure the Hub router (that is the case). By this time, I had answered may be 4 questions multiple choice questions, before this one comes along. I typed everything, and I was not able to bring up the sessions. The Tunnels were up but could not ping between the spokes. When I got home, I looked up and realized I missed one command (NHRP network-id). I decided I couldn't spent any more time when I looked and I had 50 minutes left and I still had 40+ questions to go through. So I go through maybe 5 MC questions, and another simulator pops up. This one is on the website and it was the CoPP lab. Again, I had to go through the configs and correct the issues and again I was not able to complete the lab. Basically I had set this up in GNS and the issue was the routing protocol. CoPP policy was policing the traffic so EIGRP was losing neighborship.  The policing was causing packets to drop, therefore neighborship was dropping. I corrected the copp policy and sure enough all three sites form neighborship. I was not able to finsh up the lab, so I went on to the next question. Once again after my 10-15 questions, another simiulator question shows up. Well guess what, this one is brand new and I didn't even fully understand the tasks. I was real flustered by now. This is a BGP lab, with couple of AS's. There were 5 routers, but needed to configure two routers. I wish I could remember the question, but it has alot to do with summarization via BGP and influencing the path, and few other things. By now I was looking at 25 minutes left on the test, and at least another 25 questions, so I decided to skip this question. The rest of the questions, thank goodness, were spot on like the ones from H2P. To be honest, by then I knew there was no way I would pass this test, therefore I was going to count this as my reconnaissance mission. But fortunately I passed.
Here's my study prep work:
I have been studying for this test for over three months around 2-3 hours a day, EVERY DAY.
1) I highly recommend you purchase the cisco course from the learning network for ENARSI. It cost $150 for couple of months of live gears, with specific labs for each blueprint topics. There are 29 labs. Each lab is around an hour or more. I studied and did the labs. They helped out tremendously. I just wish I has purchased that couple of months ago. The author did a great job of explaining the topics. It really takes couple of runs through the lab to understand the topics well.
https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/c...24886.html
2) You have to know every questions on H2P, 100%. What I did was, I would only take 5 questions at a time, and try to master them. You can use the filter to set it up for the "Unseen Questions".
3) Get a hold of GNS3. I can't emphasis enough how much more info you will retain when you work on live gears.
4) I purchased the UDEMY course for ENARSI when they are on sale. Those videos gave me great insights into each technology. I purchase mine for $20. Normally they are about $80 or more. UDEMY has sales all the time, so keep an eye out for that. Very valuable.
5) I studies and focused to strengthening my area of weakness.. I just don't like IPV6. I don't work with it daily so it's hard to remember all the stuff behind the scene.
Overall, I don't personally think it is a fair test, based on the duration they give you. I can tell you, there is no way I would have passed the exam if I hadn't mastered the questions from H2P. So many detail questions about the technology (mpls, vrf, ipv6, route distro, route filtering, PBR, route filtering, routing protocols. etc.)

I hope my long post has helped. I'm excited that I passed this test,  and planning on celebrating this evening... Great feeling not to study tonight..
Cheers mates, and best of luck for those who are planning to take the test.
Congratulation mate!

So there are Labs on the exam that are not on the H2P website?
We have added new labs after this post.
Hi !
I've passed the exam last week, before official Updates : 3 labs for 56 questions.
CoPP Lab (I applied all the commands provided on H2P, but the EIGRP Peering didn't working...), DMVPN Lab, and an unknown Lab on H2P with BGP (eBGP Peering, Route Summarization and Path Selection on iBGP).
Maybe few questions not covered by H2P.
During the test, I gived up with BGP Lab, too stressed by time, but I passed with a "low" score.
Thanks H2P !
We have now added BGP Troubleshooting sim.